Bridal Edition by Davina Patel
Posted: 10 April 2013 09:12
With the summer months approaching, wedding season will begin. The coming
months are the most important with soon to be brides. Preparing for the event,
planning every last detail is a must. With all eyes on the wonderful bride, make-up
calls to be immaculately beautiful.
There are many different styles to choose from for the big day, such as vintage - a
classic red lip or sultry - a smokey eye with a nude lip. Here are two of my favourite
bridal make-up looks.
This ultra feminine look is all about soft pretty colours.
Follow these steps:
* apply a tinted moisturiser or a light coverage foundation, conceal where necessary and
set with a fine finish powder.
* keeping the eyes fairly neutral, using Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow - Mystic
Eyes, sweep the powder pink shade over the lid and contour with the amber shade.
* using the dark brown shade, line the lid and under the eye.
* add the silver shade in the inner corner of the eye and subtly under the brow.
For added definition, line the waterline with a black pencil.
* curl lashes, then apply a mascara. Try YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking in
* to the apples of the cheeks apply a cream blush in a muted rose.
* Using Laura Mercier loose shimmer powder in Stardust, apply slightly above cheek
bones and to temples, to create a beautiful shimmer.
*finally apply a sheer rosy pink lipstick to finish this romantic look.
Celebrity romantic make-up inspiration - Michelle Williams
This look emphasises sexy sun kissed skin.
*using a sheer finish foundation, such as Nars sheer glow foundation, mix in a small
amount of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Illuminator SPF 25+ . Apply to the skin.
* conceal where necessary, then set with a sheer loose powder.
* fill in and neaten eyebrows
* using a gold shadow, Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Vision or Apparence, sweep across lid
and contour with golden brown. Blend well.
* using a light gold shimmer or fine glitter finish gold shadow, add in the inner eye and
under the brow bone to add extra sparkle.
* using a chocolate brown shadow, line under eye and apply to outer corner of eye to
* using a black or dark brown gel or liquid liner, line lid. Apply a black eye pencil to
* curl lashes and apply a black or dark brown lengthening mascara.
* apply to the apples of the cheeks a shimmer finish blush, such as Mac Mineralize
Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle.
Along the nose and temples lightly apply either Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Vision or
* finish with the lips, apply a golden coral sheer lipstick or a golden pink lip gloss.
Celebrity summer glow make-up inspiration - Hayden Panettiere
Indian/Middle Eastern makeup
Indian and Middle Eastern bridal make-up is traditionally associated with exotic bright
colours with strong emphasis on the eyes. This look highlights the eyes with rich jewel
* apply a light to medium coverage foundation depending on your skin type. Cover any
blemishes, dark circles etc with a good concealer. Blend well.
* apply a setting powder, to create a clear canvas.
* fill in and neaten eyebrows, using powder, set with brow gel or Mac fix +
* place a tissue under the eye, using YSL Pure Chromatics #6 palette, apply the gold shade
over the lid.
* blend the green shade into the gold, into the crease.
* create a winged effect. Using an angled brush, line the entire lid with the plum shade,
towards the edge bring the line up to the crease. Blend the plum into the green. This will
create the wing.
* using a jet black liquid liner, line across the lid, follow the wing to create definition.
* line underneath the eye with the plum eyeshadow, soften with a smudge brush. Then
line using black powder underneath eye.
* sweep a light gold shimmer shade underneath the brow bone.
* use a black pencil on the waterline.
* apply a pair of false lashes, then add mascara.
* subtly apply a warm toned blush
* line lips with a red liner. Fill in with with a red lipstick, Guerlain Rouge G in Garconne.
Alternatively line with a nude pencil and fill in with a caramel nude tone lipstick.
Bridal Makeup Must Haves
* Setting spray - keeps make-up staying fresh throughout the day.
* Primer - fills in lines and creates a smooth canvas. Ideal for make-up to be applied on.
* Lip stains/cheek stains - great alternative to lipstick and blush. Once applied, will last
for many hours, no need to add more or worry about fading.
* Waterproof mascara - important for the special day, tears won't be able to make mascara
* Blotting sheets - mops up sweat and keeps shine away.
Popular pre wedding procedures
* Eyelash Perming
* Eyelash Extensions